Animal Health Certificate for travel to the EU and Northern Ireland
Animals travelling from the UK to Northern Ireland or the EU now require an Animal Health Certificate. EU passports issued by UK vets are no longer valid. Passports issued by EU vets are still valid, however we cannot sign a rabies vaccine into these so animals that have lapsed will all need a Health Certificate for travel.
For animals without a rabies vaccine we need at least 4 weeks notice, this is to allow for the minimum of 21 days required between vaccination and travel. Those who are already rabies vaccinated we require at least 2 weeks notice.
These time frames are to allow us to allocate you an appropriate appointment as well as put together all the required paperwork with enough time to ensure no mistakes are made.
Before your appointment can be booked we need the following information emailed to us regardless of if you are a registered client or not:
- Your full name, address and contact number
- The name, species, breed, colour date of birth and microchip number of
- The country you are travelling to and the country which will be the
first point of entry for your animal (e.g. if you are travelling to
Spain via France or Germany via the Netherlands)
- Proof of rabies vaccine (ideally a scanned image though a photograph
Once you have emailed us with this information a vet will contact you to book in the required appointments at a suitable time and provide any further information required.
- Animal Health Certificate £180 (£30 subside per extra animal)
- Rabies vaccine £67.64
- Worming tablet £4.03 per 10kg body weight
Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to complete Export Health Certificates, these are required for the following conditions:
- The transport of animals in numbers greater than 5
- Transport for commercial export (sale of animals)
- If the animal(s) is arriving more than 5 days before or after you can collect them
- Transport outside of the EU
Please note – due to an increased case load we only have the capacity to offer this service to exising clients.
This is a new scheme which is constantly changing. We ask for your patience while we assist you in your travels to ensure we remain up to date with goverment guidelines.
For further information please visit the government website.
In order to benefit from this offer, you can follow the link (Left) or pop into our practice and we will arrange for Vetsure to contact you and put your cover in place today!
Source: Datamonitor – UK Pet Insurance 2008.